The following fact sheets provide useful information on Natural Security, international conservation, and the U.S. investment in a diverse range of impactful programs around the globe to promote biodiversity, protect natural resources, and support global security and the economy.
- What is Natural Security?
- Federal Investment in International Conservation: FY 17 and FY18 government appropriations
- About the Natural Security Campaign
NATURAL SECURITY IN THE NEWS
- “Poachers linked to drugs, guns and terrorism steer world wildlife populations toward extinction.” Florida Business Daily, November 8, 2018. By John Sammon.
- “Sessions takes aggressive stand against wildlife poaching and trafficking.” Yellowhammer, November 2, 2018.
- “Support International Conservation Efforts.” Idaho Press, September 28, 2018. By Robert & Brendan Atkinson.
- “How to Stop Poaching and Protect Endangered Species? Forget the ‘Kingpins.’” The New York Times, September 24, 2018. By Rachel Nuwer.
- “Stopping Illegal Loggers is Both Pro-Business and Pro-Environment.” NewsMax, September 13, 2018. By Jared Whitley.
- “Why Environmental Destruction in Latin America is a Threat to U.S. Interests.” Foreign Policy News, August 28, 2018. By Kamelia Kilawan.
- “Giraffe Parts Sales Are Booming In The US, And It's Legal.” The New York Times, August 23, 2018. By Karen Weintraub.
- “Foreign Aid for Conservation is a Benefit to US Consumers.” The Hill, August 15, 2018. By James Durso.
- “The Surprising Link Between Alabama Seafood, Timber And U.S. National Security, And How Shelby Is Leading The Way.” Yellowhammer, July 21, 2018. By Allison Ross.
- “International conservation aid contributes to U.S. economic and national security.” Tulsa World, July 13, 2018. By Rodger Randle.
OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST
- Countering Wildlife Poaching and Trafficking (CI)
- Wildlife Crime (WCS)
- Intelligence-Led Enforcement of Wildlife Trafficking (WCS)
- Water and Security (WWF)
- Building the Case for Green Infrastructure (TNC)
- Environment & Disaster Management (WWF)
- The Geopolitics of Environmental Challenges (TNC)
- Nature, Livelihoods, and Economies (CI)
- International Conservation Budget (2015)
- Terrorism, Transnational Crime and Corruption Center (TraCCC), George Mason University
- Stimson Center: Environmental Security
- Brookings Institution: Illicit Trade